Kids

Decorating with Red in Children’s Rooms

February 12, 2013

kids021113 01

Red is an attention-grabber. Some brave souls may use it on their walls, but I like it in more manageable doses. These three kids’ rooms have used it wonderfully to create enlivening and fun spaces.

kids021113 02

This is too much red for me, honestly. But if you really like the color and you’re going to go all out, this is the way to do it!

kids021213-03

This is such a wonderful playroom. I love the built-in shelving for hiding away some things and displaying others. However I’ll admit I am not the biggest fan of chalkboard walls. Maybe it’s too controlling of me, but I’d really rather be the person deciding what adorns my walls. I’m not speaking from experience but I have to imagine that at least 90% of what kids draw is just meh, and the other 10% is adorable or funny or sweet. That’s the stuff I would frame or pin up. But if you want to be all trendy and free-spirited, the chalkboard wall might be perfect for you.

one // El Mueble via nicety
two // Littlephant via 79 ideas
three // via Dwell

  Like This Post

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  • Reply mewling-quim February 12, 2013 at 12:07 pm

    Hehehe “at least 90% of what kids draw is just meh” – well I’m glad someone said it!

    I would think chalk board wall + kids = recipe for disaster in the form of chalk everywhere and teaching them it’s okay to draw on the walls!

    • Reply Christina Ebbers February 13, 2013 at 11:54 am

      Yeah I tend to agree with your chalkboard wall comment. There are other, less potentially disastrous ways to encourage creativity. 🙂

  • Reply zlowdown February 12, 2013 at 1:47 pm

    oooo
    I LOVE pop of colour.

    Please, come and decorate my adult room — thanks 🙂

  • Leave a Reply